Jan 1, 2022
Hi friends! ’Tis the season for resolutions and goal setting, and I LOVE the excitement of a bright, shiny, new year. I’ll be sharing my goals and reflections next week on the blog, but for today’s podcast episode, I wanted to share some of my top tips for setting goals this year. I hope you’ll give this short episode a listen and THANK YOU so much for all of your support with the podcast and wonderful reviews - I appreciate it so so mucho.
- Aim for SMART goals: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.
- Ask yourself “why” over and over again until you realize your true motivation between your goals.
- Choose something that makes you feel excited, or something that will benefit you somehow.
- Create an action plan with specific benchmarks for your goal throughout the year.
- ACT as if you’ve already achieved this goal.
- Remind yourself of your top three goals each day and place these reminders in a visible spot.
- Don’t be afraid to pivot as priorities and circumstances change throughout the year. If something doesn’t work out, think of it as FEEDBACK, not FAILURE.
Resources from this episode:
Check out Lumen! This is the metabolism tracker I use and recommend. It customizes your nutrition plan based on whether you’re predominantly burning carbs or fat. The goal is to make your metabolism more flexible - you want to be able to switch between using carbs and fats as an energy source - and you can customize the track based on your personal goals. Check it out here and use FITNESSISTA for an extra 10% off.
If you don’t have the famous sauna blanket already, it’s one of my favorite things ever and feels SO good on chilly days. Check it out here and use the code FITNESSISTA75 for $75 off!
I love love love the meals from Sakara Life and am enjoying a shipment this week! Use this link and the code XOGINAH for 20% off their meal delivery and clean boutique items. They have so many great gifts (for others and yourself!) for holiday!!!
Get 15% off Organifi with the code FITNESSISTA. The green juice and gold powder are my favorites! I recently fell in love with Harmony and drink it like a hot cocoa in warm almond milk or add it to my smoothie.
Thank you so much for listening and for all of your support with the podcast! Please leave a rating or review if you enjoyed this episode. If you leave a rating, head to this page and you’ll get a little “thank you” gift from me to you.